Friday, January 18, 2008

To Be Remarkable, Eliminate Distractions

Here's snippet #4 of my article 7 Ways to be Remarkable from the January 2008 issue of Pentecostal Messenger:

4. Eliminate Distractions

One of my all-time favorite restaurants [I use the term loosely] was an Indianapolis eatery named Taquiera Los Amigos. Their Tacos de Lengua were the best I've ever had, and I drove 70 miles one-way more than once just to eat them. To me, Taquiera Los Amigos was remarkable, and I often remarked about it.

I brought my sister there once. She did not find it as remarkable as I did. The stickiness of the floor proved an insurmountable distraction to her Taquiera Los Amigos experience.

Christians must look out for insurmountable distractions. Whining PA systems, 1970's carpet, and off-key musicians detract from worship. Weeds in the flower bed repel visitors. Some waitresses detest Christians because of the poor behavior of the Sunday-after-church crowd. Such distractions must be eliminated so our remarkable message may shine through.

Note: If you don't already receive Pentecostal Messenger and you'd like to, the Pentecostal Church of God is offering free subscriptions for the remaining 2008 issues. For details, go to www.pcg.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment