Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What if Burger King Ditched the Whopper?

I enjoyed the following, even laughed out loud once or twice:




Did you see how people reacted? Did you see the disbelief, the anger?

Did you understand their reaction? After all, what is a Burger King without a Whopper? (Even though I don't eat Whoppers, I can empathize with those that do.)

We see the same stuff in church sometimes.

People think:

  • What is worship without hymns, or song books, or ...?
  • What is Sunday School without prayer requests, or flannel graphs, or ...?
  • What is church without stained glass, a pipe organ, or back-breaking wooden pews?
Is it OK for them to think that way? Sure! Why wouldn't it be? If it's OK to be disturbed over a Whopper, it should be OK for other things, even church stuff.

This doesn't mean church leaders have to pander to every attendee's whim, but leaders should respect, even understand, their emotions.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the Over the Top drummer boy post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that. I created the post with all the javascript goodies to embed the video, but I found that Blogger strips out the javascript. I deleted that post, but I will add a new one with a link to your blog entry.

    ReplyDelete